SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dovetail Drawer ends

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aallison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dovetail Drawer ends
    Posted: 07 December 2006 at 8:14am

I was wondering if anyone has programed a dovetail drawer end like Thermwood has done.  And would they be willing to share?  I know it's not hard but I have not had the time to mess with it.  I'm setting here lookint at a sample drawer I picked up at IWF from Thermwood.

I suggested to Ran at IWF that we have a file sharing site for other Enroute users.  We could post and share 2D and 3D files of things like grapes, leaves, fluted columns, etc. He said he thought it was a great idea and he would look into it.  Anyone at Enroute know the status?

routerbob100 View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote routerbob100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2006 at 1:57pm

Allison

What makes you think SAI would want to take an active interest in our problems or even working to fake it? Look at the loooong list of posts with questions, comment, complaints and the very few responces from EnRoute headquarters. Your sugestion if implemented would be very cool. Just not very likely.

Router Bob

Bill Baynham View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Baynham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2006 at 7:48pm

I would also like to see a file sharing site. I would like to do dovetail drawers on the router. Some of the things Thermwood are doing  ,seem pretty cool. En Routes phone support is good  . Meaning that when I call with a problem,  that there is always someone there to help me  thru it. They don,t; however to seem real diligent about training, updates, or telling you where their headed with the product.

Bill Baynham 

ranr View Drop Down
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2006 at 11:19am

Hello,
The forum is not a tech support line, we do monitor the site on a daily basis and try to learn as much as we can from you guys.
We are trying to do our best to deliver the best product we can, which is based on customerís inputs.
As for dove tail function, I'm aware that RouterCAD can generate the geometry which then can be read by EnRoute and sent to the machine, for more information please see www.routercad.com

Thank you,

Ran Rosin

VP, CNC Software

SAi

tgm View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2006 at 6:27pm

If this site is monitored on a daily basis, even though you say it's not a tech support line, wouldn't it be proper to at least post a simple answer to the questions raised on this board. There are not that many posting a day that questions posed should go unanswered for months on end with nary any input from the staff at SAI.

We are your customers guys........we are the end users of your products. If someone just calls tech support with a problem wouldn't it be helpful to know if anyone else is having the same problem??

Just my .02 again..........maybe way to often for this board

Tom in PA

routerbob100 View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote routerbob100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2006 at 12:32pm

You tell em Tom

I for one find it hard to believe that this forum is monitored by any one at SAI who is in a position to make any improvements. Look at the number of times people post questions or problems and No responce from SAI untill enough people complain and then the responce is "give me a call" or this forum is not intended to provide any thing. There seems to be a big gulf between the end users and SAI.

I can accept the fact that we end users will allways be looking for the perfect software application, and EnRoute is a pretty good example. What I resent is the feeling that I could ring much more performance out of this software investment if only. 

#1) There was a better user manual with more complete examples and better quality graphics. Too many of the screen shot examples are "murky" or too small to see clearly. A larger format with color graphics would go a long way towards better results.

#2) There were specific project examples. ie Modifing a relief surface by extruding a profile. Work thru the entire process of importation, application to a relief and tool path generation. The pyhsical relationship between the shape to be extruded and the relief to be modified is critical. BUT the manual does not address this. All the steps should be explained 1 at a time with enough details to understand why. Too many of the examples leave out critical steps.

#3) There was a forum space to post examples and answers to specific questions and these posts were organized and vetted by SAI. We end users then can print for our own use these additions to the user manual. Topics should include customer service FAQs.

#4) SAI employes would identify themselves as employes. Hello Ran Rosin. Why are you hidding? Let use know you are working at product improvements by delivering, and not by ignoring or not responding to customer complaints. I expect spin from the politician, not a company that expects to survive.

Router Bob

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic