SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Variable depth grooves

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andkal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Variable depth grooves
    Posted: 08 January 2005 at 6:16am

I'm a new Enroute 3 user, Plus version. Is there a way to route a groove that would have a differant depth from one end to the other similar to what you would use for drain type grooves on a solid surface top next to a sink?

Thanks in advance,

Andy

www.ancomcabinets.com

bhdavis View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhdavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2005 at 8:58am
There are 2 ways I know of to do this.

One is to edit the code and add a Z depth along with the destination co-ordinates of the slot. This will send the bit to the final x/y location as it drops down to the final z depth that you added to the code.

Second is to use the ENGRAVE feature programing for a V bit, but putting a core box bit in the router. This would take some experimenting to get the amount of drop correct, but once you knew what was needed it would be repeatable for different length slots.

BH Davis
andkal View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andkal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2005 at 11:41am

Thanks BH!

Andy

Daniel_tlv View Drop Down
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel_tlv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2005 at 9:20am

OH Yes..! there's a perfect way of doing that, by using the "tip toolpath vertically" option that is what it was made for, you can tilt it by angle or measure. but this is avaiable with the pro veriosn or maybe as an add on..

andkal View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andkal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2005 at 10:24am

Daniel,

I do not recognize that feature and I have the plus version, can you verify if that is only available with the pro version?

I would like to hear from users who have upgraded from plus to pro. Was it worth it? What kind of stuff do you usually cut?

Thanks,

Andy

Daniel_tlv View Drop Down
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel_tlv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2005 at 10:39am
Hey Andy, this feature is new in version 3.1 avaiable for download, but as i said it is not a part of the plus.

getting the pro will open a new or maybe not so new to you, of 3Dimensional artwork. i'm not a regular user i'm part of the EnRoute team in Scanvec Amiable, sorry if that wasn't clear. i guess not a lot of our pro user are logged in here..but you can open up a new topic asking about the 3D and i'm sure you'll get to read some good things and it's better hearing it from the users than from myself..have fun and don't hasitate on calling us.
bhdavis View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhdavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2005 at 1:43pm
Daniel,

Where is the "tip toolpath vertically" command? I'm running Ver. 3.1 pro.

BH Davis
bhdavis View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhdavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2005 at 7:12am
Daniel,

I found "tip toolpath vertically" and have experimented a bit with the command. It works great!

However, while the command is is called PROJECT TOOLPATH TO PLANE in the TOOLPATH menu, the yellow pop up description calls it "tip toolpath vertically" when you point at the icon in the OUTPUT toolbar. A bit confusing.

BH Davis
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic