SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tool Libray/error messages

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andkal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tool Libray/error messages
    Posted: 08 January 2005 at 12:40pm

When ever I shut down and re-open Enroute I seem to have problems with the saved tools in my machine set up. I also sometimes encounter an error message describing an access violation.

Am I not saving the tool changer the proper way? Once I re-do it I can create proper tool paths and generate code but then when I come back to it the next day I have the same problem. When I first installed Enroute I had many error messages and on the advice of tech support I uninstalled and then re-installed with firewalls and anti virus disabled. Seemed to work OK for a while but now these funny things are happening.

Any one have any ideas? Tech support is not open today.

Thanks,

Andy

bhdavis View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhdavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2005 at 12:56pm
Are you saving the Tool library after editing it? If you don't then it will revert back to the previous tool settings upon reopening the program.

BH DAvis
ancom View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ancom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2005 at 5:21pm
Yes I am saving it.
bhdavis View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhdavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2005 at 6:48pm
I just reread your post and I think I misunderstood the first time. It sounds like you are saying your problem is in the tool changer tool number settings as versus the individual bit specifications in the TOOL LIBRARY.

If that is the case then I'd suggest copying all .ini files in the Enroute directory to a backup directory. Try restarting the program and if things have changed copy the .ini files from the backup directory back over the original .ini files. If that fixes the problem then you do indeed need to speak with tech support about what is causing the problem.

I can tell you about one problem with Enroute that still exists as far as I know. If you give 2 different router bits the same specifications.......that is for example, two 3/8" bits that are both 1 1/4" cutting length, but one is upcut and one is downcut........Enroute will replace one with the other in your saved files when they are reopened. If you think this might be a problem then redefine one of the bits a hundreth of an inch larger or smaller diameter or cutting length. This will solve that problem while having a negligible effect on cutting.

BH Davis
ancom View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ancom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2005 at 7:01am

Thanks BH, I will try that and contact tech support if nec.

I also have noticed the bit duplication thing with my 3/8" comp. and 3/8" down shear bits

Andy

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic