SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

**NEW TOOLPATH** for Enroute 3.3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parkson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: **NEW TOOLPATH** for Enroute 3.3
    Posted: 30 April 2008 at 4:33pm

Just thought i'd share this with all the users who are frustrated with the way enroute 3.3's offset toolpath lifts up on multipasses.

It will prevent this from happening and also allow for true helical boring

RAMP CONTOURING for Enroute3.3

NOTE: To figure out # of passes take thickness and divide by amount per pass desired

Ex. .250in thickness / .025per pass = 10 passes

Squares/Rectangles

Squares (side dimension x 4)                                                                

Ex. 6 x 4 = 24 x number of passes

Rectangles (side + side + side + side)

Ex. 7 + 7 + 4 + 4 = 22 x number of passes

Circle Outside

Diameter x 3.14 x number of passes

Circle Inside

Diameter tool size x 3.14 x number of passes

Settings

-Set toolpath for 1 pass

-Set desired depth (this would be the thickness)

-Set entry to line

-Turn angle to 0.000

-Turn on 3d line

-Enter calculations of equation in line length box

Edited by parkson
andkal View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andkal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2008 at 6:55am

Thanks!

This is just the kind of thing this forum should be used for rather than the constant complaining!

AndyK

Andy K
tgm View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2008 at 9:13pm

I totally agree with Andy.

Tom in PA

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2008 at 1:20pm
Yes I agree with Andy on this one too!!

Everyday I am constantly switching back and forth from our CAD program to Enroute to offset single line contours
To offset a single open offet contour in Enroute is a chore to say the least and even then there are times it cannot be done at all
Enroute just can't seem to handle a curved part

It sure would be nice if the snap constraints would work with the drill point tool.

these are the everyday, day to day issues we are facing using Enroute. I can't be the only one with these issues, just the only one complaining about it.

I consistently have a problem in Enroute of snapping one circle to the center of another.

Has anyone ever really looked at the advanced nesting features of Enroute and used them successfully??

I have to nest everything manually to get a decent yield. Trusting nesting to this program is not something you should do.

I should not be wasting my time nesting a part like this manually with this caliber of program.

When will be able to do any editting of a given toolpath without the entry exits moving?

snaps have been driving me crazy lately, as the snaps in all my other programs are so easy to use.

HELLO............Anyone from Scanvec out there?????????

Most of the topics I have seen on the board are problems that can be duplicated and not just fluky, one time glitches. Most problem topics are software issues and not just application issues and these need to be addressed.

Every other program I have in use or tried always extends the existing curve, be it a curve or straight line. Enroute is the only program where it doesn't care and only extends a straight line segment,
slicko View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slicko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2008 at 1:54pm

'' consistently have a problem in Enroute of snapping one circle to the center of another.

Has anyone ever really looked at the advanced nesting features of Enroute and used them successfully??

I have to nest everything manually to get a decent yield. Trusting nesting to this program is not something you should do.

I should not be wasting my time nesting a part like this manually with this caliber of program.

When will be able to do any editting of a given toolpath without the entry exits moving?

snaps have been driving me crazy lately, as the snaps in all my other programs are so easy to use.''

Well I allways try to break it down to a simple application....You think hard its going to be hard.....this program will work if you work it right....  And if all the other program are so easy ...how come your not useing them? Why are you here?WTF are you doing?... I love this program ,ya sure we bitch in here when we cant get an extra key or something like that...All programs have problems which is going to happen..........................

Edited by slicko
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2008 at 7:50pm
Hey slicko, lighten up, these are all quotes from the past posted by TGM, just wanted to point out the hypocrisy.
regards, cadit.
slicko View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slicko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 4:03pm

Sorry cadit & tgm and everyone else I was in battle mode ...just protecting what I belive in fellas

And sorry about screwing up a perfectly good topic

Edited by slicko
RSJeffery View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSJeffery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2008 at 9:12pm

If there are so many complaints... there must be something wrong....

If theres something wrong, something must be said....

If something must be said, someone must listen....

If no one listens, there will be more complaints...

Were are not stupid fkn idiots okay...? We payed good money and get s h i t in return....

Edited by RSJeffery
Yippie Kye Yay!! Router Table!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic