SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MultiCam Questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MultiCam Questions
    Posted: 30 September 2008 at 6:07am

Hi Everyone I have a couple of quetions to asked you guys that use MultiCam Machines!

1. What post are you guys using MultiCam 3D or the MultiCam HPGL post !

2. When you start your Enroute File after you have warmed up your machines does it start on 18000rpm's and go down to let say 10000rpm's or does it start with 10000rpm's.

3. Where can I get a post processor for EnRoute to alter MultiCam Posts ?

Thanks

ejnodurft View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
SAi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejnodurft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2008 at 10:20am
Hey Al,

The MultiCam 3D post is an HPGL post.  But, unless you have an older MultiCam machine that only reads HPGL, I would recommend using the GCode driver.  It is much easier to understand the GCode output than HPGL output. 

As far as what the RPMs will be used when you run a file after warmup, the RPMs will be whatever RPM you use when you are setting the feedrates in the toolpath.  If you are telling it to run 18000 in the toolpath and it starts at 10000, there's a problem somewhere.  Double check your CNC or PLT file to see what spindle speed is there.  If it's the wrong speed, you need to double check the spindle speed in the toolpath.  If you don't enter a value with the toolpath, it will default to the spindle speed in the machine setup.

For your third question, there is no way for you to edit the post.  If you would like to have some changes made to the post, please contact Tech Support and they will get you in touch with someone who can make changes for you. 

Regards,

EJ

Edited by ejnodurft
Albundy View Drop Down
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2008 at 2:32am

Hey EJ !

Thanks for the reply ! I have checked the PLT and all ok ! So what i did was changed the file in notepad to change the order of the commands and that sorted out the problem. I have send Tech Support the PLT file for then to sort or to make me a post. I agree with you on the GCode post. I is alot easier to understand ! But we are resellers and alot of our clients use the HPGL format !  !

Thats why I have to sort out the problem for them !

Regards

Alan

ejnodurft View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
SAi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejnodurft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2008 at 5:15pm
Hey Alan,

Email me at ej@saintl.biz if you need any help getting your driver completed.

Regards,

EJ
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic